Essie describes Warm & Toasty Turtleneck as a wisteria pink angora polish that is said to be an epitome of snuggly seduction. While I agree that this polish is seductive, according to me this shade is more of a dusty mauve purple and less of pink 😉
This shade, as the name suggests (Warm & Toasty Turtleneck) is ideal for fall/winter though you can enjoy it any time of the year. It’s the kind of shade that you can wear when you want a subtle and subdued polish that’s not skin toned. This shade is undoubtedly classy. It won’t really clash with any outfits or footwear.
The formula is amazing – the consistency is thin yet I got opaque coverage in 2 coats. No streaking. The brush could have been better. Its too thin and hence multiple strokes are needed. That’s why some may find it tough to get the perfect finish. Once the polish is on the nails, it dries pretty quickly. The polish sets to acquire a glossy crème finish.
Overall, I absolutely loved working with this nail polish and the shade is super classy.
Warm & Toasty Turtleneck is currently available for Rs 849 via Junglee. Though the price is higher than what it actually should be, it is far lesser than what Essie nail polishes are priced in India (usually the best shades are priced at around Rs 1500 – Rs 2170 or so via Rediff Shopping and the slow moving ones are as low as Rs 375 via Esskay). US customers can buy this product via the Essie website for $ 8.50. UK customers can buy this product via Amazon UK for £6.77.
- Classy nail polish for fall and winter though you can enjoy it any time of the year. Works well for days when you want a neutral sort of a shade that doesn’t belong to the family of skin toned browns.
- The formula is amazing – very easy to work with. No streaking.
- The finish is beautiful – glossy crème finish.
- DBP, Toluene And Formaldehyde Free.
- I felt the brush was too thin – it needed multiple strokes to cover one nail. This may sometimes ruin the finish.
- Availability for Indian customers – these polishes are available online for a much higher price compared to the original. But I am glad Warm & Toasty Turtleneck is actually available for under Rs 1000 in India. That’s a better price compared to some of the other shades that are priced as high as Rs 2170.