Your lips do all the talking – literally. It is only fair that lips get the attention due to them during your makeup. They will pay you rich dividends in return!
Here are some tips I came across while browsing few beauty books. Wanted to share these tips with my readers. Try these tips to makeup your perfect pout!
- For SOS dry lip treatment, break a capsule of vitamin E , squeeze out the contents and apply.
- If you want to get rid of the stains left behind by dark, matte lipsticks, rub lips with olive oil.
- Orangey red lipsticks accentuate yellow teeth, and blue based reds make teeth look whiter.
- Light shimmery lipsticks make lips look bigger.
- Dark lipsticks make lips look smaller.
- To avoid staining your teeth with lipstick, after applying it, put your finger in your mouth, close your lips around it and pull out your finger such that it takes off the color from the edge of your lips.
- If you realize that the lipstick you have on is brighter than you’d like it to be but wiping it off will ruin the well blended foundation you are wearing, mix a tiny bit of foundation and vaseline. Gently rub this mixture on your lips to tone down the bright color.
- To make your lipstick last longer, prep your lips with some foundation using a makeup sponge. Then lightly dust some loose powder followed by a lip liner and your favorite lipstick.
I came across most of these tips in two books, coincidentally with similar names – The Complete Beauty Book by Helena Sunnydale and Complete Beauty Book by Helen Foster. If you are looking for beauty books, take look at these