Sometimes we do not realize that our nails are always on display – whether we are at home or at work. We do all it takes to put our best face forward but do we care enough for our nails? Our nails give away a lot about our personality and how much we care for ourselves so it is important to take good care of them.
Here are few simple tips for nail care :
- While applying nail polish, it is a good practice to leave a small gap around the nail beds, where the nails meet the cuticle. This is where the new nail cells grow. Leaving the gap helps the nails breathe.
- Olive oil strengthens the nails. Massaging the nails, nail bed and cuticles with olive oil once a week helps improve the overall health of nails. It is best to do this ritual before bed time – put on a pair of cotton gloves and sleep while the oil works its magic.
- Incorporating calcium and biotin (found in cereals) in our diet helps strengthen the nails. Vitamin D, created by our body through exposure to sun is also important for healthy nails.
- While moisturizing your hands, rub the moisturizer into the nails and cuticles as well.
- Nail polish can help reduce the risk of breakage in brittle nails. A thin coat of sheer nail polish can help retain moisture in the nails.
- Use an acetone-free nail polish remover to prevent dryness in your nails. Also, avoid using nail polish remover more than once a week.