I love palettes! Stila Masterpiece is one of my favorites! The Masterpiece Series is a set of 3 palettes. The packaging is lovely – the palettes actually come in sturdy cardboard packaging designed to look like a series of 3 novels/volumes. Each palette has a theme and is named accordingly.
There’s the Minimalist Palette which is a set of 5 gorgeous neutral brown eyeshadows and a coral blush (the larger pan among the six pans). The 5 eyeshadows (going clockwise through the palette are):
- Natural Light – Beige Eyeshadow
- Simplicity – Shimmery medium brown eyeshadow
- Elegance – Shimmery brick toned brown eyeshadow
- Subtlety – Shimmery chocolate brown eyeshadow
- Balance – Deep brown matte eyeshadow
- Harmony – The biggest pan contains the coral blush called Harmony. It doesn’t have any shimmer.
Minimalist is a perfect everyday neutral palette. I love all the shades. According to me, Harmony is perfect for pale skin but may not show up on darker skin tones.
Impressionist is a purple themed palette. The 5 eyeshadows (going clockwise through the palette) are:
- Canvas – Shimmery Pearly White Eyeshadow
- Pastel – Dusty Lavender Eyeshadow
- Vision – Shimmery Plum Eyeshadow
- Watercolor – Sparkly Plummy Purple Eyeshadow
- Movement – Intense Purple Matte Eyeshadow
- Parisian Pink – Medium Dusty Pink Matte Blush
Modernist is a bold blue palette. The 5 eyeshadows (going clockwise through the palette) are:
- Glaze – Shimmery Ivory White Eyeshadow
- Avante-Garde – Gorgeous Shimmery Periwinkle Blue Eyeshadow
- Mondrian – Shimmery Indigo Blue Eyeshadow
- Abstract – Gray Eyeshadow with Silver sparkle.
- Charcoal – Matte Black (always helps to have a black matte eyeshadow)
- Nouveau – Medium Pink Matte Blush.
I truly love all the shades (eyehsadows and blushes). I love the variety – you can literally create any kind of looks with these palettes. These palettes are ideal for travel. This set comes with a lookbook with suggestions on looks that can be created using the palettes, which I think is great for beginners. The packaging is very cute – I’ve never seen anything similar. It is evident that a lot of thought has gone into creating this set of palettes and I appreciate that! good job done Stila!!!
These eyeshadows have excellent quality and blend well. I felt the blushes are a bit chalky but workable. Overall these palettes are an excellent investment. Currently, I see this product available only via Amazon for $38.50. Amazon delivers this product to India as well. It is listed on the Stila site (price – $29.00) but is not available at this time.
- All the 3 palettes put together bring a variety of eyeshadow colors to create almost any kind of look. There palette is quite “complete” in itself.
- I love the fact that it has 3 blushes too! The colors of the blushes are quite wearable through they may not show up on darker skin tones.
- The packaging is very artistic.
- The palettes are travel friendly
- The Stila website quotes a price of $29.00. I think for the price, this set of palettes is value for money!
- None really. This set of palettes are a part of the holiday collection. So I don’t see them widely available. I wish Stila makes these palettes a part of their permanent collection.